Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Events Around Atlanta Part I: Shameless Self-Promotion


First off, I SWEAR PART II OF ANIMATION FOR WEB COMICS IS ON THE WAY but I've been sitting on this two-part post for a month waiting for photos. So, let the shameless self-promotion BEGIN!



 
ATLANTAMATION

Atlantamation is a festival of animation from SCAD-Atlanta in which I screened my short rotoscoped piece "Life Through Art." Taking place at the Landmark Midtown Art Cinema, me and about 300 people viewed the best of SCAD-Atlanta animation featuring the following pieces.

All in all, it was a good night and I enjoyed participating in the Q&A afterward. I've featured my contribution below and it is also available in the gallery of my website!



A self-reflective piece about the freedom of expression granted through art.



DREAM MACHINES

Dream Machines was a gallery show featuring work from Animation, Motion Media, Sculpture, and Interactive Design all focused on the theme of the Dream Machine invented by Brion Gysin. My piece, Optical Motion, deals with optical illusion through line and shape-primarily using the same flicker found in a traditional dream machine. My piece projects on a flat wall and also achieves the illusion of depth and mass through a flat image on a flat surface.

 


(Photos by Jeff Roffman)

Overall, fairly busy schedule and Part II will bring two more events of which I only attended-so no more self-promotion....well...less anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment